Monday, May 12, 2008

Back from Austin...Headed to Los Angeles

Hi everyone! I've been so busy traveling (and trying to keep up with Kristin) that I haven't had time to tell you about my most recent adventure.

Last Tuesday, Kristin called to ask me if I wanted to go to Texas with her for a few days. Of course I said yes! Honestly, I don't even know why she still asks me whether or not I want to travel with her. I always have great adventures with her!

We flew to Austin on Wednesday morning. And King Tut decided to make himself known again. Both of our flights were delayed. Oh no! Somehow Kristin was still able to get us to Austin, Texas before dark. Whew!

Austin is the capital of Texas. See if you can find it on the map.

We were in Austin so we could visit my friend David Brown. You may know he is hosting the newest radio program Kristin is working on. David has a really cool office/studio in the basement of a building on the University of Texas campus. His office is part of the radio station he works for, KUT. Here I am with David as he works on cutting the script.

Normally Kristin and I travel to New York for the radio program host to voice the script....but I'm glad my friend David is in Austin. I didn't get to spend too much time there, but it seems like a pretty neat place.

Just before we left, Kristin bought me a stuffed armadillo with the word "Texas" on it. Thanks Kristin! I will add it to the rest of my travel collections.

And guess what?! I am super excited to tell you that I am leaving with Kristin tomorrow for Los Angeles. Why? Because that's where Kristin does that thing she calls "mixing" the final radio program. If you've read my blog before, you know this means I get to see my friend Rima and her dog Willa! How cool is that!?

I know Kristin is going to be super busy working on her radio program, but she promises to take me to the store so I can buy Willa some special dog treats before I see her on Wednesday.

Well I had better get packing. I won't be home until May 30th.

Bye for now....