Saturday, February 11, 2006

Home Again...Ahead of the Storm

Hi! I have just arrived back in Iowa.

Very early this morning Kristin woke me up and told me we had to rush to get ready for the airport. Kristin said a major snowstorm was going to blow into Washington today. I didn’t know about the storm but Kristin said the weatherman had been talking about it for a few days. So on Friday, she changed our plane tickets for an earlier flight.

Although I am very tired from getting up so early, I think it was the right thing to do. It was raining when we left the airport this morning. See how dark the sky is in this picture Kristin took of me in the airport business lounge?


I really like spending time in the lounge watching the planes. It is very interesting to watch the workers load suitcases into the bottom of the plane. They use a portable ramp that can be moved from plane to plane. I think it would be fun to drive one of the little carts that pull the ramps and the suitcase storage bins. They are similar to golf carts but they have bigger wheels and no top.

Our plane trip to Chicago was very quiet. I was tired from getting up so early so I took a nap. We spent a few hours in the business lounge at O’Hare airport in Chicago and then we took another plane to Moline.

The luggage arrived with no problems. Whew! I was worried about my new stuffed bear. I hope he didn’t get too cold in Kristin’s suitcase. Here you can see me helping Kristin unpack him.


Once again I want to thank my friends Keith and Kristin for taking me to Washington, DC. I really enjoyed the visit. And, I think Washington is one place I want to visit again.

Until my next trip…..