Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Greetings from Philadelphia!

Hi everyone. I am now in Philadelphia with my friends Keith and Kristin.

It wasn't an easy trip. Our flight from Moline to Chicago was more than 2 hours late. This caused Keith and Kristin to miss their flight to Philadelphia. It is a good thing that Keith and Kristin travel so much. Kristin was able to book us on a new flight right away. But we had to wait almost 3 hours in the business lounge at O'Hare airport before we could get on the plane to Philadelphia. Sometimes I wonder if King Tut placed a curse on Kristin because her flights always seem to be late!

We got here after dark so I didn't see much of the city on our cab ride from the airport to the hotel. I did see lots of interesting towers with cool lights near the airport. Kristin told me the towers were part of an oil refinery. I learned that oil is turned into gasoline for cars and other products like engine oil at an oil refinery. I had no idea!

We also passed by the stadium where the Philadelphia Phillies baseball team plays. I was hoping we would get to see a baseball game tonight but Kristin says the Phillies are playing in Atlanta. :(
We are staying at the Sheraton in downtown Philadelphia. Kristin says she and Keith will be busy most of the day tomorrow at their radio conference. So she kindly got me a map of the city so I can learn more about Philadelphia while she is busy with the conference.

That's all for now. Until next time....