Thursday, October 26, 2006

Game Cancelled :(

Hi everyone. As you probably already know by now, the World Series game was cancelled tonight because of rain. :(

I am SO sad and so is Kristin. But, Kristin says her ticket is still good for a game on Friday night (unless it rains). She was worried it might rain before we left Iowa so she was able to find a hotel room for us tomorrow (Thursday) night about 40 minutes from St. Louis. We will stay there tomorrow night and come back to St. Louis for the game on Friday.

Kristin says it is supposed to rain for the next two days so she is still worried we might miss Friday night's game. And Kristin says we have to be back in Muscatine on Saturday.

Although it was very wet, Kristin and I did get to spend a few hours walking around the baseball park. The Cardinals play in Busch Stadium. It is very nice and MUCH larger than Wrigley Field in Chicago.

Kristin says Busch Stadium is a brand new park that opened at the start of this baseball season. I had no idea!

Here are some of the photos from my visit to the stadium tonight. I am very tired and Kristin is VERY wet (Kristin kept me in a very dry and warm spot in her backpack so my new uniform is dry!). So I will just show you the pictures so Kristin can get to bed. I don't want her to get sick from being outside in the cold and rainy weather!

Here I am in sitting in Kristin's seat (in my warm and dry spot). Our seat is in a section called "Terrace Reserved." Kristin says that is a fancy name for the seats at the VERY TOP of the ballpark. Our seat is on the first base side.


Here I am with Kristin on the lowest level of the ballpark. It is hard to see me but Kristin is holding me. Can you see the Gateway Arch behind us?


This is the big sign in Center Field. I think it is very cool.


Here's the view of the field from Kristin's seat. Kristin says the silver thing covering part of the field is called a "tarp." Who knew? The tarp helps keep the "infield" part of the field dry. This is important because the bases are located in the "infield."

I am sad that I didn't get to see the game but it was really cool to be at the World Series. I didn't see any other flat people at the park so I know that my visit was VERY special. Thanks Kristin and Eugene! Tonight was one of the best nights of my life (even if it did rain).

That's all for now. Hopefully I will still get to see a game this week!