Sunday, October 22, 2006

Greetings from St. Louis, Missouri

Hi everyone. I have just arrived with Kristin in St. Louis, Missouri. See if you can find it on the map.

While we were driving here from Muscatine, I learned that "Gateway to the West" is a nickname for St. Louis. I had no idea!

Kristin says the name comes from the Gateway Arch, a HUGE arch-shaped structure in downtown St. Louis. I got to see the Gateway Arch from the car. It is silver and kind of looks like half of the top of a McDonald's sign. I can also see it from Kristin's hotel room.

Kristin says people can buy tickets and ride to the top of the Gateway Arch. I asked Kristin if we could go to the top of Gateway Arch but she told me we might not have enough time. She says we have a VERY special place that we have to be soon and she told me I need to make sure to bring my coat.

Hmmm...I wonder where we are going? Kristin told me to be patient. She is getting ready and she promises to tell me soon. I hope she hurries! It is hard to be patient.

Bye for now....