Monday, February 26, 2007

On the Road Again!

Hi everyone! I am SO excited. My friend Kristin from the Stanley Foundation has just asked me to go on another trip with her. Can you believe it!? We just got back from Africa two days ago!

Kristin says this time she is traveling to a place called Banda Aceh, Indonesia. See if you can find it on the map (hint....Indonesia is in Asia).

Kristin says we will leave from Chicago tomorrow (Tuesday) and fly to Hong Kong, China. We will then fly from Hong Kong to Singapore. We will then fly from Singapore to Medan, Indonesia. And finally, we will fly from Medan to Banda Aceh. Whew! That's a LOT of airplanes!

And, Kristin says if you look at the map of the world very carefully, you will see that she and I will have traveled almost entirely around the world in 5 days! How cool is that?! Kristin says the only part of the world we will not fly over is the Indian Ocean.

Kristin is going to Aceh to help someone make a story for the new radio program she and Keith are working on. The story will be about how the US government is helping people there recover from something called a "tsunami." Kristin says a "tsunami" is a giant wave of water that forms in oceans after a big earthquake. I had no idea! Kristin says a very bad "tsunami" hit Banda Aceh and many other places in Asia just after Christmas in 2004. She says many, many people died and even more people lost their homes as the big wave of water flooded their towns and villages.

I always have great adventures when I am with Kristin. She has already warned me that she may not always have Internet access in Banda Aceh. So, I will send updates when I can.

Until next time...