Sunday, March 04, 2007

Kristin's Green Scarf

Hi everyone. I am still having a great time learning new things here in Aceh.

Today (Saturday), Ahmady took Kristin and Jocelyn to a meeting of religious leaders. Kristin says Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world. I had no idea!

Just before we got to the meeting, Kristin pulled a green scarf out of her purse and put it on her head. I couldn't understand why she would want to put a scarf on her head when it is SO hot outside. But then she reminded me that she wore a scarf when she and her journalist friends has a meeting with a religious leader in Egypt.

I still think Kristin looks funny when she wears the green scarf on her head. But I remember that she told me it is a sign of respect for a woman to wear a head scarf when meeting with religious leaders in Muslim countries.

I am still really tired from that jet-lag stuff, so Kristin told me I should take a nap. I really don't like to take naps. But I feel asleep before I could argue with her.

Tomorrow, Kristin says we are going on a long car trip and she says I might see some interesting animals along the way. I sure hope so!

Until next time....