Monday, June 25, 2007

My Next Adventure: Cambodia and Thailand

Hi everyone! I am SO excited. My friend Kristin at the Stanley Foundation just called. She is going on another big trip this week and she asked me if I wanted to go. Of course I said YES!

Kristin says we are going to the countries of Cambodia and Thailand. See if you can find them on the map (hint...Kristin says they are in Asia). I've never heard of Cambodia, have you? But I have heard of Thailand. My teacher's flat person visited Thailand last year. I think it is cool that I get to visit the same place!

Kristin is going to attend some events the Stanley Foundation is having. Kristin warned me that this big trip will not be like her usual radio trips overseas. She says she will be spending lots of time in a conference room talking with other people. I told her that is OK. I know I will still get to see interesting things along the way. She also told me that I will miss July 4th. I told her that was also OK. I get to see fireworks every July 4th. I don't get the chance to see Cambodia or Thailand very often!

We leave for Chicago on Wednesday afternoon. Our first flight is on Thursday. Kristin says we are flying from Chicago to Tokyo, Japan. Cool! I got to visit Tokyo on the way back from Indonesia (but Kristin says we will still only see the airport). We fly from Tokyo to Bangkok, Thailand where we will spend the night before getting on another plane for our first major stop: Siem Reap, Cambodia.

I'll keep you posted when I can. Bye for now!