Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Home Again

Hi everyone! I am back home in Iowa after my trip to Detroit.

Kristin wasn't kidding when she said that we were going on a quick trip. It feels like we just left Iowa and now I am home again!

This morning, Kristin told me that she, Amy, and Ken were going to visit a the Arab American National Museum in Dearborn. Kristin is hoping the museum will display some of the photos I helped her and Amy pick out yesterday.

Kristin, Amy, and Ken met with several people from the museum to talk about the photo project. Kristin and Amy talked about the radio program and showed the photos to the museum staff. I think this is similar to show-and-tell at school.

I think the museum people liked the project because after the meeting they took us on a tour. The museum is REALLY cool! It has a model of the Burj al Arab...the big building I saw in Dubai that looks like a sailboat. They also have an entire floor set up with many displays about the Arab region, people who have moved to America from the Arab region, and famous Arab Americans (I didn't recognize any names but they looked famous!). Many of the displays include audio and video and they have places where kids like me can touch and play. Kristin calls this "interactive" learning. I don't know what that means but it was sure fun!

I had so much fun looking around that I didn't even have time to get my picture taken. Can you believe that?!

Kristin drove us to the airport as soon as we left the museum. After I got to go through the x-ray machine (I LOVE going through the x-ray machine!!), Kristin took me to the "General Motors" store. It was really cool. There were TONS of toy cars. I could have spent the entire day there. But Kristin said we couldn't stay very long. :( She did let me pick out a small toy car set. It is really neat. It has street signs and everything. Now I can play airport AND cars at home. Cool!


I played with my new car set while Kristin and Amy worked more on the photo project before we got on the plane. It was a really, really small plane. Each wing of the plane had what looked like a large ceiling fan attached to the side of them. Kristin says they are the propellers that make the plane stay in the air. I was excited because I haven't been on a plane with propellers like that but I could tell Kristin didn't like this plane. Kristin says it reminded her of a scary plane she was on in Africa. The Africa plane ride must have been very bad because Kristin was REALLY happy when we landed in Moline.

I am really tired and I think Kristin is tired too. So I am going to head to bed soon. I want to thank Kristin, Amy and their friend Ken for letting me come along with them to Detroit!

Until my next adventure.....